-->

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

No Crafty for Kitty

It's official: I can actually crochet.  Granted, I can only single crochet at this point, but a few days ago I could only manage a slipknot and a wobbly foundation chain.  Now I can make really wobbly scarves instead!


Like this!
It started off really well, though I had no idea what I was actually making, until I realized that I hadn't been counting stitches (didn't Meg warn me about this?!). 
I know, Meg.  I know.
 My second try was definitely better.  Not fantastic, but better.  Let me tell you, counting stitches is really hard when you're watching The Departed.  Hallmark movies are much easier to tune out.  I stopped everything I was working on tonight because of Political Animals - you cannot craft with that show on.  If you haven't watched it, put down your crochet hook, knitting needles, glue gun, paintbrush, or what-have-you and do it.




Aside from the online crochet class on Craftsy (which I still love to pieces), I got help from a friend thanks to a Craft Day we had at my house.  I will eternally owe Maria for showing me how easy single crochet is.  On this fateful day, my Uncrafty catchphrase was also created and then echoed with much enthusiasm by my friend's daughter: No Crafty for Kitty!!!


Sweet little hands crocheting (or?)


Soon to come, an actual scarf.  Maybe two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.