-->

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Crochet Lab on Craftsy


I have just started my first crochet class online at CraftsyCrochet Lab with Vickie Howell (Basic Techniques and Patterns).  First impression:  I heart Vickie Howell.  She's just the right amount of quirky and perky and I love the stuff she makes.  She is now tied in my heart with Debbie Stoller of Stitch 'n Bitch

Here is what I get along with my class (for $15):

  • Access to the class at any time, as many times and for as long as I want.
  • Ability to skip around within the class sections, do 30 second repeats (perfect for following along) or pause the video.
  • The ability to ask questions and participate in discussions with my classmates and instructor.
  • Ability to create notes, which will be bookmarked on the video in my account.
  • And access to printable class materials.




I came to the realization that I need a sort of starter-yarn (my mom's stuff is way too fancy), so I'm going to Joann and Michael's today to pick up a skein.  I'm hoping to find Stitch Nation's Bamboo Ewe in a light blue.  And I'm considering picking up whatever size hook it recommends, even though I have a set, because I want to try one with an ergonomic grip.  My right hand is crazy sore from crocheting last night.

Sunday is Crochet Day, so hopefully I'll have a sample of my awfulness to show you then!

2 comments:

  1. I have bamboo ewe in purple and it gorgeous! I have also used stitch.rock.love from Vickie Howell. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the Bamboo Ewe at Michael's today and loved every single color I saw. Unfortunately, I'd already been to Joann's, who didn't carry it, and bought a light blue Caron One Pound, which I'm now using to knit a something. I don't know what it is or what it will be, but I'm crocheting more than a foundation chain, so yay! Good to know I'm on the right track with my yarn selections - I'm going to be tapping your brain for all this stuff frequently, Tami. Hey! You sold all your skull beanies: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SnauserpausStudios! I LOVE those.

      Delete

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.